407 Training Visa

The Subclass 407 Training Visa is a short stay visa for people to undergo occupational training or professional development in Australia. The Training visa allows people to undertake occupational training in Australia to meet:

1. occupational registration or licensing requirements
2. to enhance skills in their occupationor
3. for capacity building overseas.

For most of the cases, applicants are eligible to apply for the second stream to enhance skills in their occupation.
The visa is generally valid for stay in Australia for 2 years. The visa is subject to condition 8102 which forbids work apart from the training specified in the visa application. You must also maintain your health insurance whilst in Australia.

There is no direct pathway for a training visa holder to transfer to a permanent visa.
However, applicant can use this visa a stepping stone to apply for a formal employer sponsor visa or accumulate work experience. And two significant advantages for the training vis are:

1. The training visa occupation list is extremely wide.
2. There are no caveats on occupations.

For instance, a formal 482 employer sponsor visa for the occupation as an accountant. The caveats are the business’s turnover must be above 1m and the business has at least 5 employees.

For chef, the caveats exclude positions in mass food manufactory and limited service restaurant.

These limitations do not apply for the 407-training visa.
So an applicant may apply for the 407 visa at first, by which the applicant can remain in Australia and continue to work in the nominated occupation.
Meanwhile, the applicant can seek for businesses which satisfy the 482 employer sponsor visa’s caveats.
The application must be lodged online. You can either be in Australia or overseas when lodging the application. Family members (spouses and children) can be included in the application.

Common eligibility for the 407 visa.

1. Your sponsor must have nominated you to participate in a program of occupational training.
2. You must be 18 years old at the time of decision.
3. You have functional English unless you are exempted.
4. You have a mentor in the business who has relevant education and employment background to train you.
5. The business has created a training program which has tailored and timed to the training needs of you.
6. You have recent and suitable prior experience. This can include employment experience or study experience that:
Is the equivalent of at least 12 months full-time experience in the occupation
Has occurred in the 24 months immediately before the nomination is lodged.
7. You have adequate health insurance
8. You meet health and character requirement.

This is the general requirement for the training visa. If you want to have a comprehensive consultation, please book an appointment with us.

Now I want to make an example for how to use 407 training visa to get PR.

A is an accountant who is holding a 485 visa. During the 485 visa period, A only had 1 year work experience. Now A’s 485 visa will expire in 2 weeks.

Obviously, it is unlikely A may obtain an 189 visa invitation as an accountant based on current invitation situation.
A’s employer wants to sponsor A. However, for a 482 sponsor visa, A does not have at least two years relevant work experience.

What A is gonna do? A can use his 1-year work experience as an accountant to apply for the training visa at first.

After the visa is granted, A continues to accumulate his work experience until the time he is eligible to apply for the 482 visa by achieving 2 years relevant work experience.

If the 482 visa is granted and after working for the employer for three years, A can apply for the 186 TRT permanent visa.

That is all the content for today. Thank you for watching this video. Do not remember to subscribe this channel to get instant Australia immigration updates.

Related posts